Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blog Review


Scribbler is an app specially formulated for the iPhone or iPad that integrates the freedom to draw and the ability to share one’s artwork with their peers via Facebook, Twitter, and Scribbler itself. Scribbler will include a number of effects, tools, colors, and texts to apply to each Scribble, similar to Photoshop.

Recently, we were instructed in our IST 195 course to research well-known bloggers in either the technology or entrepreneurial industry. After searching the database of bloggers on http://technorati.com, I stumbled upon a few blogs that would be of interest to explore. Being that my entrepreneurial idea is to create the Scribbler app for iPhones and iPads, I wanted to check out blogs that featured articles on new mobile technology. In 2010, Mike Macias started the Mobile Fanatics blog after gaining experience in working for other technology related blogs. The blog can be found at http://www.themobilefanatics.com. He is now the Editor-in-Chief alongside his Managing Editor, Timi Cantisano.

The Mobile Fanatic is a blog that reports on the latest reviews, products, and editorials in the mobile news. I personally found the Best Deals tab to be very informative and helpful for those who like to get the most for their money! There are three sections for follower’s to read from: Windows Phone Fanatics, Android Fanatics, and Apple Fanatics. The site has a common theme of black, white, and red. The font is large and easy to read. The right side of the blog features a handful of advertisements, which probably allows for the site to be so successful. 

Relating to Scribbler, I chose to critique the Apple Fanatics platform on the blog. This page is dedicated to bringing updates on the newest iPhone and iPad apps, games, and reviews. I really found the topics of blog posts to be very interesting. Most of the latest posts were discussing the iPhone 5. The posts read as if he is explaining the facts to you in a personal conversation. I enjoy the use of photos and videos that reemphasize the points he was creating in his text. Specifically, the "IPhone 4 vs iPhone 5 hands-on photos," article was extremely informative on the unique differences between the two phones I am on the brink of  being due for an upgrade with my Verizon iPhone 4. My next step would be to order the new iPhone 5 phone, but I wanted to make sure I truly needed the phone. Although the newer phone is bigger in size, it is definitely thinner, which makes it easier to slide into slim pockets. I find myself struggling to get my phone in my jeans pocket. But, overall the blog is innovative and helpful, definitely should check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment