Sunday, September 9, 2012

Entrepreneurship Project




After being assigned our first project in my Information Studies and Technology class, IST 195, I brainstormed a number of ideas, wondering what product I could create or improve upon. Being that I spend most of my time on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, I decided that I would want to incorporate the art of social networking into my idea. My Entrepreneurship Project will be created in the form of an App for Iphones and Ipads. I noticed that there are many apps for art and drawing, such as the game Draw Something or Drawing Pad that both allow the user to create their own drawings using their finger or a stylus against the screen. I love how Instagram allows its users to take or upload photos to share with their followers on Facebook and Twitter. My app would be similar in that way, but instead of photographs my app will be drawings, scribbles, pictures, etc. But, there is no app that integrates the freedom to draw and the ability to share their artwork with their peers. Thus, the app, Scribbler, will be born.
Scribbler will be a public or private application, depending on the user’s preference, and will allow its users to create a profile and a username. The profile will feature a default picture, a “LookBook” in other words, a folder of one’s uploaded artwork. Users will be able to “Follow” each other and the “Followers” will be displayed on one’s profile. Other users will be able to “Like” each other’s posted artwork and can also comment on them. The act of “Tagging” another user in the post would be another feature. Each type of artwork would be posted as a “Scribble.” Scribbler will include a number of effects, tools, and colors to apply to each scribble. For instance, apply a watercolor effect or use the sponge tool. Almost like a mini Photoshop. Users would be able to use a Text tool to write captions or titles anywhere on the picture. There will also be the ability to draw on top of photographs, like to draw a mustache on your best friend’s face in a photograph. Backdrops will be an option as well, similar to Photo Booth.
Scribbler adds value to the existing applications available on the Iphone and Ipad by being the first to join art and social networking together. I am not quite sure why my idea has not been created yet, but I know that it will attract many people of all ages.  My app will be very successful because it allows for the little artist inside us all to come and make its debut to the World Wide Web. Social networking has proved itself as being the number one way to share content to friends, family, and even to strangers. But either way, it allows freedom of expression and that is exactly what Scribbler will provide, the freedom to express yourself through art. 


4 comments:

  1. The idea seems pretty solid. I would definitely look at older sites like deviant art and what not that have been around for a while for sharing artwork and see what you can learn from them. Keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea of merging a social networking and drawing application together is awesome. I believe that with careful thought, there are even more features that could be added to this application to make it stand out even more. Maybe incorporating an "activity feed" that shows what other users have liked or uploaded and a section that shows what's popular worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, and I think it would be very successful on the iPad. The only problem that i could see it having is that it is very difficult to draw anything substantial on a screen as far as the iPhone (as im sure many have experienced in games like draw something). Other then that, the overall concept is great, and I like how you came up with creative names such as "LookBook"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea you got working here. It's interesting how you are taking the social networking aspect and blending it with art. I also like the design of the Scribbler logo you have on the post. I'm not a very artistic individual, but this idea may get me more interested in art if it does come to reality.

    ReplyDelete